The Striped Dress

Hello Everyone!
Hope you all had a good start to the week!

Sorry I haven't posted over the last couple of days, it's been a bit hectic and I haven't been able to sit down and plan ahead with my posts. However, I do have tonight and tomorrow free to plan posts and gather content for the week ahead. :)

If you follow me on Instagram, you may have noticed that over the weekend I stripped my hair! I was so fed up with my horrible roots and faded purple colour that I just went for it. I wanted to start again and get rid of about five years of colour build up, from dyeing my hair so much! I am planning to write a post about the process and everything tomorrow, so make sure you look out for it! 
At first I was panicking and constantly telling my boyfriend, 'Omg. My hair is orange!' But over the past couple of days, it has grown on me. I am planning to strip it again soon to get rid of the remaining colour build up. 

For today's outfit post, I decided to show you my new striped dress from New Look. It is one that I have been after for a while and it was from my New Look Wishlist that I posted a couple of weeks ago! I found it in the sale for £12 and I couldn't put it down!

This is how I decided to style it, hope you like it!
*Please excuse my milk white legs!*







Probably the first time my hair grips 
actually matched my hair colour!




Love the open shoulder detail on the dress!

Striped Dress - New Look
Leather Jacket - Topshop
Lace up Pointed Flats - New Look
Red Bag - Topshop
Hat - Primark

As I mentioned above I have been after this dress for a while and it was in my New Look Wishlist post. I spotted it in the sale the other day for only £12 and I grabbed my size in a flash! I had no intention of buying it at the time though, as I needed to save my money. My friend noticed that I had picked it up and made me try it on. Long story short, she ended up buying it for me and told me that I can pay her back when I next get paid! Such an amazing friend but she is seriously a bad influence on me when shopping!
The dress is so comfy and it is perfect for casual days out to the beach or just out and about around town. I just love the open shoulder detail and it was one of the things that attracted me to the dress in the first place!

The lace up shoes are also from New Look and they are just amazing! I recently won a gift card that was held by one of the New Look stores on Instagram - New Look Milton Keynes Retail Park. Search @newlookmkrp on Insta to take a look!
These shoes are what I brought with the gift card and I did put some money towards them. Again these were also on my New Look Wishlist! They are just so pretty and they are perfect for adding some style to any outfit! Admittedly they do hurt my feet at the moment but I am trying my best to break them in! I just need at least one whole packet of plasters when I wear them! haha :) Don't let that put you off though, they are worth the pain for a couple of days! ;)

The red bag is from Topshop and I chose it to add some colour to the outfit. I wanted to add a bit of edginess to the outfit as well, so I chose my leather jacket to do so. I have had it a couple of years now and it is only just starting to look a bit worn but it still has some life in it yet!

What do you think of my outfit? How would you style the dress? I would love to know! Feel free to leave any comments and I will reply as soon as I can!

Have a nice evening!

Michaela xx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Delicate Rose. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig