Goodbye Colour

Hello Everyone!
Hope you all had a good day!

You may have noticed that my hair is now ginger. I thought I would share with you the process. I have been wanting to strip my hair for a while as I have dyed it so much that I had some build up of colour on the lower part of my hair. It really needed sorting and none of the hair dressers I asked wanted to do it. So I decided to do it myself. My friend Paige suggested Colour B4 as she has used it before and said it was worth doing.

I started dyeing my hair when I was 15 so I have been dyeing my hair non-stop for 5 years! No wonder I had a lot of colour build up. I am naturally blonde and I actually used to tell people that I would never dye my hair...well they do say 'never say never'. Since then I have been brown, dark brown, red, bright red, brown, light brown and purple. Over the last couple of months my hair became a mixture of the colours and it was uneven, faded and not the colour I wanted.

Every time I dyed my hair, I always made sure that my hair was in good condition. After using a good shampoo and conditioner, I would towel dry my hair and use three different serums. I hardly ever use straighteners or hair dryers which also helps keep it in good condition. I knew that stripping my hair would make it dry and straw like, so I brought some treatments that will help my hair regain moisture after the process. To be honest, since I have stripped my hair, I have used one treatment. Just one. I just carry on with my usual hair routine and it is fine. It's not dry and it is as if I never stripped it!

My hair before using Colour B4 -


As you can see, the lower half of my hair is darker than the top of my hair. You can also see my horrible looking roots! The roots made my hair look dirty and I hated it. I was so tempted to dye it again but I knew it would be worth stripping it.  

My hair after using Colour B4 - 


I knew before I stripped my hair that it wouldn't completely take the colour off but I was still a bit surprised that my hair turned ginger! It has grown on me though. :) 
I did have to strip it again because it was still quite dark on the lower half of my hair. It did take some more of the colour off and made it a bit lighter. The photo's are after the first round of Colour B4 so it is darker in the photos whereas it is a bit lighter in real life. 

You may have seen on my Twitter or Pinterest that I have been posting about wanting lilac hair and I am finally going to do it!
Yesterday, I spoke to a new hairdresser who was willing to help me strip my hair once more and then help me dye it to the colour I want! I am hoping to have it done before I go to Disneyland on the 12th of June but I will have to work out when it is best for her to do it. This is because she will need to strip my hair again but using a stronger and professional kit to get the last of the colour build up off. She also said that it would need cutting, just to tidy the ends up and then she will be able to start the process of dyeing my hair lilac! I can't wait and I will keep you updated! 

Bit of a different post today but I hope you liked it! Let me know what you think! 
Feel free to leave any comments below and I will get back to you as soon as I can! :)

Thank you so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed it!

Michaela xx
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Great post! I'm currently stripping the red out of my hair so that I can dye it back to normal (with a few highlights) for my wedding. My hairdresser is basically highlighting it bit by bit and we're nearly there now. I actually quite like the lighter hair too, I think sometimes there are hair styles I love but haven't been able to pull off with my naturally dark hair so have been having lots of fun experimenting!

    Katie xx

    www.bothandboth.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :) hope your hair turns out how you want it for your wedding!! I love experimenting with my hair, for me my personality shows through my hair (does that even make sense?!) haha :) wish you all the best for your wedding day! :) xxx

      Delete
  2. I think this colour is gorgeous! You're so lovely it has gone much a rich gingery colour Gisforgingers xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! :) It did shock me at first but I'm getting used to it now haha :) I do like it but I'm getting a bit bored of it already! haha xx

      Delete

© Delicate Rose. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig