Floral Midi Skirt

Hello Everyone!
Hope you all had a lovely weekend!

Anyone else here that doesn't want the long weekend to be over? I attend a family wedding on Saturday but other than that, I have had a nice, relaxed weekend. It makes a change as usually we are out on a family day out or something but it was nice staying in with the family this time. 

The wedding was lovely and I really enjoyed it, I'm not going to go into detail as I would rather keep it private. Although, I have decided to share my outfit with you as I love it so much! I wore this amazing floral midi skirt from Mod Dolly and it was the perfect occasion to wear it! 

This is how I decided to style the skirt, I hope you like it!











High Neck Top - New Look
Midi Skirt - Mod Dolly
Red Block Heels - New Look
Red Bag - Topshop

Just realised that you can see that I have goosebumps on my arms! It was a bit cold when taking these photos! haha :)

This skirt is just perfect! It is so flattering and feminine! I felt so elegant in the skirt, whether I looked it or not is a different thing! haha :) Plus it is floral and as you know I love anything floral. The chiffon is so soft and comfy but I had to make sure that I didn't catch it on anything as it is a delicate fabric. 

I decided to base my whole outfit around this skirt. I wanted to go for a vintage/feminine style and so it was a bit difficult trying to find a top. However, I knew exactly what shoes I wanted so I headed straight to New Look for these red beauties. I was lucky enough to find the top in there as well! 
I wasn't so lucky with finding a bag though, so I had to use my red bag from Topshop but luckily it was a similar red and matched the shoes.

For my hair and make up, I took inspiration from the 1940's. I really liked the vintage roll hairstyle and I have wanted to create it for a while so I thought I would go for it. I managed to find a hair kit in Boots, that supplied the hair roll and some bobby pins. The instructions were easy to follow and I love my hair in this style! It's perfect for creating big, bouncy curls as well! After seeing various versions of this hairstyle on Pinterest, I decided to add some little flowers in my hair to match my skirt. Plus I thought it made the style more wedding like. 
Sticking with the 1940's theme, I chose a bright red lipstick and eyeliner to perfect the look. 

This is my most favourite outfit so far, I feel that it really shows off my feminine/girly side and I really want to own more skirts like this one!

Thank you so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed this post! I would love to know what you think about my outfit so please, feel free to leave any comments below and I will reply as soon as I can! :)

Have a lovely evening!

Michaela xx
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Love this look! Funnily enough, I was at a 1940s event this weekend and I came away wanting to know how to get that amazing hair! So thanks for the tips :-)

    www.rockonholly.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :) that's okay, if you get a kit with all the bits in, it is so easy to do :) xx

      Delete

© Delicate Rose. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig